Menu

White board magic and Math Mammoth

Tam101

My laser printer is out of toner and I had to order the cartridge because no one in town seems to carry it. :glare: I didn't want to put off starting school just because I couldn't print MM, so I've been writing the problems on a whiteboard. My son has been working through his math in record time. Why didn't I do this sooner? He says he always wants to do math on the whiteboard. I hope this magic lasts all year. :D But somehow I think the novelty will eventually wear off.

My laser printer is out of toner and I had to order the cartridge because no one in town seems to carry it. :glare: I didn't want to put off starting school just because I couldn't print MM, so I've been writing the problems on a whiteboard. My son has been working through his math in record time. Why didn't I do this sooner? He says he always wants to do math on the whiteboard. I hope this magic lasts all year. :D But somehow I think the novelty will eventually wear off.

When I was in 8th grade, we did board time a lot. We all had our own mini white boards and the teacher would give a problem and we'd all race to get it done. The novelty never wore off, so maybe it won't with him, either :001_smile:

I did this for a little while (even though we had it all printed) when one of my sons got all anxious about doing his math. And it worked. I just scrawled "done on the whiteboard" atop a bunch of the pages. We eventually went back to the paper... but yeah. I should do it some more anyway. It would make him happy, I'm sure.