Menu

Judy Moody Books

genny

OK ... I've heard a lot about these books but am not sure if I should try them ... does this girl have an attitude problem:confused: ... assuming that's why she's called moody???:lol::tongue_smilie:

I ordered a few simple chapter books for dd (she's loving 'Chocolate Factory'...not interested in 'The Littles'). I don't want to buy any book that would encourage an attitude . Can anyone tell me about this book series:bigear:

TIA

Edited by genny

Guest submarines

Did you check if your library has them? This way you can pre-read before buying.

My daughter read several of them. They are not her favorite series, but she enjoyed them. I tend not to worry too much about "an attitide problem" of a fictional character, so I didn't pre-read, and the parts that DD read out loud to me, didn't worry me.

A couple of years ago she loved the Pony Pals series about girls and their ponies. No attitude issues there--she read out loud quite a few to me.

ETA: Initially I did seek out the Judy Moody books for DD, because she tends to be emotional and moody, and is very sensitive. She did say that Judy was a lot like herself, and she did like that part.