Menu

Has anyone here used DIVE Math?

We are big fans of TT at our house, but recently I ran into information online and at the hs conference this summer about DIVE Math that has been very compelling. I'm all for using more than one program over the years as a student studies and progresses, especially since learning from different teachers broadens one's perspective. As much as we like TT, I'm not opposed to using DIVE if it works well in meeting dd's needs.

From all appearances DIVE Math seems like a solid program. And since I have to rely on others for math instruction, I like the idea of the video teaching for each lesson. (I do realize that Saxon also offers video instruction, but I'm really feeling pulled toward DIVE.) Dr. Shormann seems to be a brilliant man and a very dedicated teacher. His Christian worldview is a good fit for our family, so that is a bonus. The only drawback is the use of Saxon math, which we didn't enjoy in the past, but I am willing to go back to Saxon if Dr. Shormann's teaching is effective enough.

Any feedback from others here? I'd love to hear how it went for your family if you'd be willing to share.

Thanks and God bless,

Lucinda

P.S. As a side note comment - I sure wonder why we can't have solid math instruction on video by a female teacher for girls that need a woman role model and someone feminine to relate to. Wouldn't that be awesome?