Menu

Abeka 3rd Grade Math: Do I need Lesson Plans??

Mandi in Ohio

We will be doing another year with Abeka Math and this year our oldest will be using Abeka's 3rd Grade Arithmetic books. At this level do they still really need the teacher lesson plans too? I was looking at just getting the student book and Teacher Key and possibly the Test and Speed Drills book with the Key?

If you did not use the lesson plans with this book did your child just self teach using the student workbooks? Is that asking too much of an 8 year old? She does well in math but I didn't want to overwhelm her.

Thanks!

Mandi

When we used Abeka math at those levels we just used the student workbook, test and speed drill book, and the answer key. I didn't have the lesson plans at all. I wouldn't have her self-teach though; I didn't do that with mine. If it was a fairly simple concept and they could figure it out on their own I let them have at it. Otherwise, I went over the new concepts with them, using manipulatives as needed, until they were comfortable enough to dig into the practice exercises.