Menu

New Here

I wanted to take just a second to introduce myself. I was referred to you guys by one of your members and this looks like the perfect place for us.

I am married to a great guy for a bit over 10 years, we have two sons, and we homeschool. Both of our sons have special needs.

DS #1 - Autism, hypotonia, few food allergies, ADHD, something with his legs we are still working on the diagnosis and treatment for, and possibly a learning disorder (our thoughts are dyslexia, but we are going to test soon).

DS #2 - Autism, hypotonia, MANY food allergies, many topical enivronmental allergies, something else is there, but we aren't sure what yet. Poor buddy.

Needless to say, our days are quite interesting, but never boring.

Welcome from another newbie :)

How old are your little guys?

I have:

- a DS19 who just left for his freshman year of college (product of PS all the way)

- DD16 who we started HSing in 7th grade

- DS4.5 who is ADHD and somewhere on the ASD spectrum (haven't pursued any more testing), went gluten free and dairy free this summer, doing part-time preschool at a Christian school this fall, a big compromise on my part, and HSing with FIAR

- DS2 who is along for the ride