Menu

Question about oral surgery?

My 14-year-old is having a small oral procedure tomorrow. She has braces and a tooth that isn't erupted. The Oral Surgeon is just going to open up her gum so the tooth can come out.

Has anyone had this done, or had their child had it done? I'm wondering what the post-surgery treatment is - when she'll want to eat? How long is the recovery?

The only surgery I've had is wisdom teeth removal and remember that being miserable for days.

My 14-year-old is having a small oral procedure tomorrow. She has braces and a tooth that isn't erupted. The Oral Surgeon is just going to open up her gum so the tooth can come out.

Has anyone had this done, or had their child had it done? I'm wondering what the post-surgery treatment is - when she'll want to eat? How long is the recovery?

The only surgery I've had is wisdom teeth removal and remember that being miserable for days.

My dd just had this done recently. It took her the weekend to recover-- more from swelling than actual pain. They gave her pain pills that did pretty good for her. She had one day where she hurt for a few hours before they kicked in, but once they did she was alright.

It didn't take very long at all for the procedure to be done. She was groggy for a little while afterwards, but came home and ate soup for lunch. Snacked on ice cream through the day. She wanted something more solid for supper so we went to a chunkier soup. The next day was chunkier soft foods then back to solids.

The worst part for her was her face swelling. She said she looked like Quasimodo. I thought she looked like someone beat her with a stick.