Menu

WWS and IEW Ancient History Based Writng.....

I have these and can't decide which one to do......Have any of you done them both? How would you schedule it? Would that be way too much? What are your thoughts?

:bigear:

I was all set to use IEW Ancients until I heard about WWS. Now I am also trying to decide between the two. I know both would be too much for my writing-phobic DS, so I'm trying to figure out if IEW's key-word outlining, or SWB's outlining would be more appropriate for him.

I am planning on doing both. My ds will be doing the IEW AHB at our co-op. I really like the looks of WWS so we will be doing that at home as well. He is in 8th grade and writing is going to be an area of concentration for us this school year. I am planning on doing 2-3 days of WWS and 2-3 days of IEW. There will possibly be a day of overlap but that will be ok. We'll see how it goes when we start getting into it. I will start WWS next week and the co-op doesn't start till the middle of September.

I bought a used copy of IEW's Ancient History to look at when I was mulling over writing programs. It seemed very gentle, so I think it's possible to do with WWS.

In the end, I decided against IEW's AH for very personal reasons. It didn't really seem to offer what *I* was looking to work on. However, I could see how WWS would counteract what *I* saw as the *negatives* of IEW's AH, namely the style aspect which dd doesn't need, the lack of beautiful models, and the key word outlines.