Menu

Reading level

There are several other threads with links to tests. You should search for reading levels. I use the scholastic book wizard (Google that and you will find the website). Take a book your child has recently read and understood, enter it in the search and it will tell you the reading level amd interest level. Then you can search for books at that level or slightly higher, to provide a challenge or further evaluation.

Now why didn't I think of doing a search ... need my morning coffee:tongue_smilie: Thanks ... I checked out scholastic book wizard with a book I know she can read with no problems. I can't believe the level though (seems high to me) ... I'm going to do a search on here and see if I can find other free testing methods to verify...

The scholastic site said she's at a 1.9 level .... total newbie question ... does that mean almost at a grade 2 level or is it a different number system?