Menu

N.B. The Mammoth Book of How it Happened

I believe that there are others using this book for primary source documents this year. I was planning on letting my ds search for relevant documents from within the book. However, as I scanned the table of contents, I found that would be a bad idea (for my family at least).

Part two, page 72 is a description of p:ack2:d:ack2:ph:ack2:l:ack2::ack2: in the 1300's. Admittedly it is a rather tame, though still disturbing description.

So, let the buyer beware with this book. We will still use it, I'll just assign the reading myself after I pre-read the selections.

I read your post; and thought that sounds familiar, but I don’t have that book. So I just checked the table of contents on Amazon, and a book I have, The Mammoth Book of Eye-Witness History, looks like it has the same (almost exact, with a couple of additions) contents.

There are a couple other things in the book, (mine includes one with the Borgias, and one with Louis XII); I think I will stick to reading it aloud. It’s a great book that is definitely not intended for kids.