Menu

My son is LOVING MOH MP3's!

songbirdie

For the first time ever, my son is loving history and is completely engaged in his book. He is dyslexic, so this is highly unusual. He is listening to the MP3 version of the author reading the book, while following along in his own textbook. It has completely grabbed his attention. I think it's so helpful for him to "read" it all himself while she reads it - it has given him some needed independence with a very large textbook he never would've attempted on his own. The pictures of the art and architecture really engage him too, and I find him studying the pictures after the lesson is finished. And finally, since I am not doing all of the reading aloud, he is coming up to me saying, "Hey Mom, did you know. . . . .???". I am so excited that he is so excited about history now, just because he can finally take part in it on his own. He's always loved historical documentaries, but has never loved history as a school subject. Her wonderful way of writing about history along with the MP3 thing were just what he needed! Just wanted to express my joy!:lol::lol::lol: