Menu

5th Grade Lang. Arts Help

Hi guys,

I've been rereading TWTM and I'm asking for your advice. For my 5th grader, is the following sufficient or am I supposed to add more stuff that is talked about in the book TWTM?

FLL (he's about 1/3 of the way through FLL4) (what comes next?)

WWE (still working on WWE 3 and will go to WWE4 during this schoolyear)

Spelling Workout

Structured Reading- make notebook pages

I'm assuming all the necessary writing is in the WWE, etc.. and same for grammar.

Hi guys,

I've been rereading TWTM and I'm asking for your advice. For my 5th grader, is the following sufficient or am I supposed to add more stuff that is talked about in the book TWTM?

FLL (he's about 1/3 of the way through FLL4) (what comes next?)

WWE (still working on WWE 3 and will go to WWE4 during this schoolyear)

Spelling Workout

Structured Reading- make notebook pages

I'm assuming all the necessary writing is in the WWE, etc.. and same for grammar.

What you have covers grammar, writing, spelling, and reading. I think it looks great. I'm not looking at my copy of TWTM; what else would you add?

I would move into ALL (Advanced Language Lessons) level 1 after FLL4 if it were me, assuming you don't have older kids using a different grammar. I have a 5th grader this year who finished FLL4 last year, and I would do the same, except that I also have a 7th grader using R&S, so I'll pass the books down rather than buying two different programs, kwim?

HTH!