Menu

Zillow rental scam

We listed our house for sale last week. Some scammers have taken our house pictures and are listing it for rent on zillow, craigslist and other sites. It is just crazy! While I was home today two people pulled into my driveway to check out the property. One person called me on the phone (how did they get my phone number?!). This evening my husband spoke to four different people who stopped by to check out this too-good-to-be-true rental. And our realtor has been called by numerous people as well. This is all just today! It makes me ill to think that people are getting ripped off and I can't stop it. It also makes me a bit uneasy that the scammers have our names and are using them in numerous emails and such.

People are unbelievable. This must be really aggravating for you, as what can you do to stop it? I see rentals on CL ALL THE TIME that I know our scams. I think I am terrified of getting taken again. We were involved in a rental scam almost three years ago and it still makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. In our case the homeOWNER took $$ from close to 30 families and fled the country. It was pretty devastating at the time and the police still have not caught him and admit that there is nothing we could have done to prevent this from happening. this guy OWNED the house.