Menu

X-Post: Educacion Espanol users, can you tell me how you pace the lessons?

I posted this on the Logic board and then remembered we had a bilingual board. Hoping that between posting it in two places I might get more feedback as I am trying to tweak lesson plans this afternoon!:001_smile::001_smile:

We have completed week one of school and am now trying to tweak all that didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. This is our first year using Educacion Espanol but we completed the complete Elementary Spanish program last year. My question is how do you schedule EE? My son is in 5th grade so he is a bit young but we accelerated our pace through Elementary Spanish because those lessons moved too slowly for my language goals. The material will be challenging for him yet well within his capabilities. My original plan was to have him watch the lesson on M and do accompanying worksheets on Tu. Then watch the next lesson on W and do those worksheets on Th. That didn't work so well because he needed to re-watch the lesson to get many of the answers to the worksheets. But maybe that isn't such a bad thing! These lessons are much more in depth that Elementary Spanish, which I was thrilled to see but I am struggling to see how to best plan this year in light of that. Most lessons are 45 minutes. Break that in two parts? Ahhh!!! Need ideas from those of you who have btdt!