Menu

Unhelpful financial counselors - where does one go

Ds's girlfriend has just begun pharmacy school. Her financial situation includes a family that cannot help and a FAFSA estimation of $500. She gets a small ($2000) scholarship from the Indian Nation. She has received poor guidance from the school financial aid department (my opinion based on my son's experience at another university). She had a PCAT score over 20 points higher than the average accepted at her school and is carrying a 3.92 GPA.

Are there scholarship programs out there that do not require her to go through the school? While I think she would deserve scholarships, she is also interested in low interest loans. I am unfamiliar with this process because it was so cheap when I went to school that I could pay for it and since we don't qualify for any assistance, I haven't gone looking (and ds is totally subsidized with merit scholarships).

Where should we begin looking for money? She is getting rather stressed ;) wondering how she will pay for 3 more years.