Menu

Blech! (alternate title: I need help with internet filtering!)

Apparently my google search filters that I (thought I) set up are not working so well. Excuse me while I go shave off my eyes. 1251_shaving.gif and dump a gallon of clorox into my soul. surpris_37.gif

What, if any, internet garbage filtration system do you use on your Mac? (Or on your PC if you know it is also Mac compatible software.)

My bloodshot eyes thank you. 2196_unwell.gif

We use Bsafe and have been happy with it. www.bsafehome.com I'm sure they'd have a Mac download. We've had it since 2002, which was too late. Our then 13 yo son had already been exposed to internet p*rn. I didn't think he'd do such a thing :(

Since then I've told lots of friends with young boys, "get it before you think you need it...because you don't want to be too late."

Get it tonight!

Okay, I've discovered that the problem is actually with pop-ups. I rarely get pop-ups but apparently now I am no longer immuned. I thought that when I got the yucky page yesterday it was because of a google search gone terribly awry but since I just found ANOTHER little window, I can see now that it's a pop-up problem. So do I need a special filter PLUS a separate pop-up blocker? If you have a specialized pop-up blocker, what is it?

I have my preferences set to block pop-ups but obviously some are still getting through. I'd be really upset if my children happened to walk in the room and see some of these awful images. :angry: