Menu

Singapore CWP and IP

Lots of boys

I know there have been a lot of threads about SM and how useful these two books can be. Money is a little tight for us and I was just wondering...if you had to pick one of these to go along with the WB/TB which would it be?

CWP is one book for the year and IP is one for each A and B I think. Could I use just one of these for Gr. 1 and 2 and maybe add in both CWP and IP as we get into more challenging materials/grades ?

Would love to know which of these you found more benefical and why?

Thanks

CWP is only word problems (at least the old editions). IP has some review at the level of the text (very few problems), some new topics or expansions of the text topics, some word problems on text level, and some challenge problems.

I use both. We don't always complete all of IP but we have completed all of CWP (we're in 4 now).

Some of CWP is very challenging so I don't agree that it's average and IP is bright.

If I were only getting one for 1st/2nd grade, I think I'd choose IP (books A & B) because you do have the extra review with the arithmetic concepts and I don't think there's enough in the workbook. It also will give the word problem practice.

Some of CWP is very challenging so I don't agree that it's average and IP is bright.

:iagree: we also have both books. he typical IP are similar to textbook/workbook problem IMO. Then it has challenge session, those question are either on par bit harder than CWP.