Menu

TOG writing

Pretty in Pink

we are considering a switch to TOG *mid year* :eek:

i see that the curriculum covers history, bible history, classical arts & music, literature, and writing.

my question is regarding the writing component of the curriculum, can someone describe it for me? is it a complete program, covering both grammar and writing? would you describe the approach as gentle, rigorous, intense, advanced, laid back, etc.?

we have been using BJU english for two years which has strengths and weaknesses i suppose...

i guess what i'm saying in a long-winded way is that if the TOG writing component is strong then i am sold on the curriculum, but in looking at their online sample lessons i did not see an example of a writing worksheet or lesson, maybe i missed it.

this will be our single biggest curriculum expense thus far b/c we are going to purchase the supplemental books that go w/ it as well, so i want to learn as much as i can about it before i order. thanks!

is it a complete program, covering both grammar and writing?

No, you need to add Grammar. TOG suggests Easy Grammar, I use something else.

would you describe the approach as gentle, rigorous, intense, advanced, laid back, etc.?

It is very thorough, but I wouldn't call it intense.

but in looking at their online sample lessons i did not see an example of a writing worksheet or lesson, maybe i missed it.
Samples:

Writing Aids

This is the writing handbook which will explain the sample assignments.

Go To Egypt

Each week has writing assignments. Click on week 1 and then the writing assignments (left column.) And so on for each week in the sample.

New World

Each week has writing assignments. Click on week 20 and then the writing assignments (left column.) And so on for each week in the sample.