Menu

Next Year plan..Thoughts, suggestions...

6yo DS:

Elemental History

Elemental Science Intro to Science

OPGTR w/ ETC

Bob Books

FLL 1

Copywork

Saxon Math 1

Art Program, not sure what yet....

maybe a foreign language

4YO DS

Tag along for History and Science

Language Arts from Lesson Pathways

Saxon Math k

Zaner Bloser HAndwriting K

Lots of read alouds for both :)

Am I missing anything?? How does this sound? Thanks for critiquing :)

How much science have your boys had? Are they science lovers?

I ask because those of us on the board with 6 y.o. boys (and I know of several) all dumped Elemental Science Intro last year because it was too light. I really think it is better for the 5 & under crowd or those with very minimal previous exposure to science. Most of the experiments were things we had already done by age 6.

Just a thought in case you hadn't bought it or looked through it yet. It may be perfect for your family, but with kids your ages I would double check.

How much science have your boys had? Are they science lovers?

I ask because those of us on the board with 6 y.o. boys (and I know of several) all dumped Elemental Science Intro last year because it was too light. I really think it is better for the 5 & under crowd or those with very minimal previous exposure to science. Most of the experiments were things we had already done by age 6.

Just a thought in case you hadn't bought it or looked through it yet. It may be perfect for your family, but with kids your ages I would double check.

:iagree:I'm one of those that dumped it. It was great for the 4 year old, but most of it was beneath the 6 year old.