Menu

If you do standarized testing,

MeghanL

How do you implement the test data?

My issue is this...my 7-yr old son scored >99.9% on the Woodcock-Johnson III for a first grader. What do I do with that info exactly? Should I take from this that his current work load is too easy? Or just send it to the state (like I'm required to do) and not let it affect my curriculum choices or grade level?

And more generally, what do you do with your test scores? Do you use them to adjust your plans?

Or just send it to the state (like I'm required to do) and not let it affect my curriculum choices or grade level?

Yes.

And more generally, what do you do with your test scores? Do you use them to adjust your plans?

No.

I don't hold much stock in test scores. I've always been a 90%tile plus tester and so have my kids. We have to test through the state every year or I wouldn't even do it (and I probably wouldn't even register except for some worries with my ex).

Tests are easy. Working everyday isn't. Completing assingments and planning time isn't.

While my kids might be at the top of thier grade in math or grammar or whatever and pick it up easy, they still need to be shown many grade level things. I skip ahead or change curriculum based on our everyday lessons, not test scores.

Edited by Mallory