Menu

If you like Standard Deviants please read, they have new online webcourses

Today I am attending an online web demo of standard Deviants Accelerate. The courses are priced high at $1100 for school district licensing. Homeschoolers are not school districts with thousands of kids. I am hoping this option would be available to individuals at a more affordable price. What sort of price do you think would be good? I haven't seen it yet so I don't know what to compare it to. I posted on the general board but got little response.

I was hoping some states would offer it free like united streaming, or it would be priced similar. I do know that some curriculum is not affordable to all and could be priced lower.

Does anyone have any ideas about pricing?

http://www.sdteach.com/Standard_Deviants_Accelerate_s/794.htm

Well, there seems to be a bunch of stuff that I, as a homeschooler, wouldn't need. I would mostly just want my kid to watch the videos. I don't need "grading rubrics" that is for sure.

I would maybe pay 100$ for streaming access for at least a year. Even that might be a stretch. I certainly wouldn't consider if it were more.

I just went through the demo. I was impressed. First it is not video streaming, though I wish they had standard deviants videostreaming subscription plan. With this they use only the latest videos, not the older ones. It is courses that utilize the shorter videos, and interactive quizzes to make sure the student understands the content that was presented. The teacher gets feedback as to how and where the student is.

I wish I knew how to describe this, it is similar to K12, but not overwhelming and more upbeat. It is so new that not many have heard of it. I am not even sure how I found it. I usually find most curriculum on this board.

This will be available in August, first only Algebra and biology will be available. They plan to add other subjects in the next few years. I wish they had more subjects out.

• 1 year later...
Guest DanielleSDA

Hello Ladies,

I know it's been a long time since this post (about a year) but my colleague came across this thread and told me about it. I specialize in marketing Standard Deviants Accelerate to the homeschool segment, and I wanted to reach out to anyone whose interested in our online platform.

We now offer 10+ subjects and are adding more as we speak. No doubt the site has changed since you've seen it and has many helpful tools. The grading rubrics are only used for 3 activities and you can change the criteria, or not use them at all. There is a red flag sent to the teacher every time a student takes too long on a test, clicks too many times on a graphic organizer, or gets too low a score on a test/quiz. There are SO many more wonderful components to help kids learn.

PRICE HAS CHANGED! For homeschool it is 149$ per subject for up to 4 student accounts, and it is 249$ per subject for up to 10 student accounts. This is meant to accommodate co-ops that do group meet-ups, or families with many children who want to take the same subject. Each subject is about a year's worth of content, so we give you one year of access at these price points.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on SDA, so please contact me if you have absolutely any questions or interest!!

dbloch@cerebellum.com