Menu

AAS- what level should we restart at?

Annie Laurie

My kids did level 1 and 2 and then we dropped it for a year. If I restart it with them now, can we begin with level 3 or should we go through level 2 again quickly? There is a good review in the beginning of level 3, so I'm leaning toward taking our time thoroughly covering the review and then continuing on with level 3. Is there a compelling reason I haven't thought of for beginning again with level 2?

I'd probably review for a bit, and then continue on in level 3. Unless you have any children who REALLY struggle in spelling, I would think they wouldn't need to repeat level 2. I'd just make sure you review enough that they've got the other concepts refreshed before moving on to new ones.

I'd probably review for a bit, and then continue on in level 3. Unless you have any children who REALLY struggle in spelling, I would think they wouldn't need to repeat level 2. I'd just make sure you review enough that they've got the other concepts refreshed before moving on to new ones.

:iagree: What she said.

No need to go back to level 2 IMO. There's review at the start of 3, and--assuming 3 continues the same way 2 did--a mini-review of previous concepts at the beginning of each lesson. If you hit a sticking point you can always find the relevant chapter in level 2 to review in more depth, but why spend time reviewing until you see the need?