Menu

Preschool skills list wanted

Once upon a time I was a preK teacher. I had a large library of books relating to that glorious age. I had tons of curriculum and units of study I had created and gathered. I had these wonderful developmental checklists that I loved using to make sure I had at least introduced skills by certain ages.

After I stopped teaching I came home and used them with my son. Oh, we had a blast. Then, when he was 6, we decided he was going to be an only child. No more adoptions, no more foster kids, he was going to be an only. And I was going to stay home full time anyway so we could homeschool. So, thinking I would never use the materials again I sold or donated pretty much everything in late 2006.

Of course God has a sense of humor and a new baby came our way mid 2007. And that baby became our beloved dd. She is now 4 and I need to be a bit more focused with her. She was born very preemie and has some odd gaps now and again. We have been very laid back until now with 'school'.

Of course now I need those checklists I purged 5 years ago. I have been searching online but can't seem to find any developmental checklists that are more than 2 or 3 skills per area per age. I want kind of a scope and sequence for 3, 4, and 5 year olds to make sure we don't overlook skills, especially since we have to focus on some skills a long time. We will only be working on preacademics 2 or 3 days a week next fall so don't worry, I won't be too heavy on academics :)

Does anyone have what I am looking for? Can you give me any leads?