Menu

Knowledge Quest Maps: New MapTrek version vs. old Blackline Maps

I own both. I forgot I had the black and white version and purchased MapTrek. I like the hardback book that came with MapTrek. I like that it has a guide you can print off which coorelates with several curriculums. I have one who uses Truthquest and that has a guide available. The other will be using MOH and they do not have a guide for that program, but I can probably piece together what she will be needing. Now, I am not diligent about adding in the mapwork, so hopefully that will hapen this year.

Found this on the KnowledgeQuest page:

http://www.knowledgequestmaps.com/MapTrekCD.php

How is Map Trek different from your original Blackline Maps series?

Here is the answer:

Map Trek is basically the new and revised version of Blackline Maps. Here are some of the differences:

1. Map Trek has more maps - over 350 of them on the CD. Blackline Maps of World History has 200.

2. There is more detail on the Map Trek maps, because they are intended for use up to 12th grade (Blackline Maps is for students 1-8).

3. Map Trek has lesson plans for students in grades 1-12, with 3 levels of difficulty.

4. Map Trek has full-color teacher answer maps; student maps are slightly shaded. Blackline Maps are black and white.

Well I feel silly; I don't know why I didn't think to look on their site. They're both by the same company (duh). Normally when asking a co. to compare its product to another product, they say they can't answer that because they aren't familiar with the other product. So, I'm used to not asking the co. that question directly. I had a brain-exit moment; that's what I get for doing curriculum research so late at night! (In my defense, it was daylight. :P)