Menu

Which Lewis & Clark book for my 8th grader?

DD will be studying American History next year. I'm adding most of the Sonlight Core 100 books to the study. However, I have 3 Lewis and Clark books sitting on my shelf and I can't decide which one to assign. I haven't read any of them and don't have time to read all three. I wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion.

The Lewis and Clark Expedition by Neuberger (former Core 100 book)

Sacajawea by Bruchac (current Core 100 book)

Of Courage Undaunted by Daughterty

Thanks for any input!

DD will be studying American History next year. I'm adding most of the Sonlight Core 100 books to the study. However, I have 3 Lewis and Clark books sitting on my shelf and I can't decide which one to assign. I haven't read any of them and don't have time to read all three. I wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion.

The Lewis and Clark Expedition by Neuberger (former Core 100 book)

Sacajawea by Bruchac (current Core 100 book)

Of Courage Undaunted by Daughterty

Thanks for any input!

We really, really like the Neuberger book. FYI, I just looked it up on Sonlight and the Bruchac book is listed as discontinued. I hadn't even seen it before!

We really, really like the Neuberger book. FYI, I just looked it up on Sonlight and the Bruchac book is listed as discontinued. I hadn't even seen it before!

That's odd. I don't see it listed as discontinued. It's new this year, for Core 100. It replaced the O'Dell book (Streams to the River...).

How old were your kids when they read the Neuberger book?

That's odd. I don't see it listed as discontinued. It's new this year, for Core 100. It replaced the O'Dell book (Streams to the River...).

How old were your kids when they read the Neuberger book?

Oh, you are right! I got the two mixed up. :tongue_smilie:

My dd was 11 when we read it.