Menu

Trying again...Would you be willing to share your Elementary Greek daily schedule?...

Tami

Hi Tami,

We just follow the basic routine laid out in the books. Each chapter consists of five lessons with teaching material (vocab, paradigms, explanations) and corresponding workbook exercises. We do a LOT of review, sometimes skipping a week in the book just to review past vocabulary and grammar.

A typical week is:

M--Audio for new words/endings; read text; workbook exercises

T--Audio review; write vocab in notebook; read & discuss text; workbook

W--Audio review; text; workbook

Th--Audio review; text; workbook

F--Audio review; workbook; flashcards...sometimes an extra worksheet that I create

You could simply create a checklist that follows that model, to start, adding in review days or extra time to listen to the audio. I look forward to my dds working more independently, but I'm still working with them in Book Two. Then again, we took a loooong time to do the first book due to pregnancy and other scheduling issues; this is my hardest subject for sure! ;)

HTH a little. Oh...also wanted to mention, there's a free Greek font available here that you can use to make practice sheets and fun stuff. Be sure to print out the keyboard map so you know which keys make what. Perhaps your dd would have fun playing with it, too! :)

ETA: I have my dds keep a separate notebook of vocabulary words, grammar paradigms, and rules...that's what I was referring to on the Tuesday schedule.

Thanks so much! You have no idea how helpful that is. My brain could not get that by seeing the text for some reason. The font sounds interesting, we will have to check it out!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post and lend me your ideas. Now I am off to make a checklist.