Menu

Help! Can Windows 7 run a CD with an older system requirement?

Help! Question about system requirements for a set of Thinkwell CDs and whether or not it will run on a laptop using Windows 7:

The Thinkwell CDs have a System Requirement of:

PC = Pentium 200 MHz or faster with Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT 4.0 XP or later, 128 MB RAM

Mac = Power PC 120 MHz or faster with Mac OS 8.1 or later, 128 MB RAM

The person who would like to purchase the CD set from me has a laptop with Windows 7. Will she be able to run these CDs on her laptop? We are a Macintosh family and don't know anything about PCs and versions of Windows. Thanks so much in advance! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Actually, it depends on the program. We have a lot of older software that does not work on Windows 7, nor does some of our hardware. It does not matter what the setting is at or if it's Administrator mode. Some programs simply will not work at all in Windows 7. We actually have to physically switch back and forth between our two hard drives, one that runs XP the other 7. I wouldn't recommend that route to any one who didn't build their own computer.

The question would be if any one around here has actually run the program on a Win 7 computer....or you can call Thinkwell and ask them. Seeing that it's compatible for some older Windows programs though, I highly doubt it would work because the program will be looking for outside settings that no longer exist. However, Thinkwell might have a patch if it isn't compatible.