Menu

THIS IS IT!!! (or, at least I think it is...)

hollyandab

Hello all,

I posted last night that I had decided on RS4K for my 6th grade boys but wasn't sure whether to do all 4 books in 1 yr or to spread it out over 2. I was leaning towards going quickly through them, but then I remembered John Tiner's Exploring the World series... So, I've decided...we'll read through Exploring the World of Chemistry first (probably during the summer "break"), do RS4K chemistry with labs over 10 wks, and then use Chemistry for Every Kid for extra experiments/buy some fun lab stuff/whatever for the remaining weeks (6 or so) of the semester. And then, after Christmas, I'll do the same thing, only with physics...use Exploring the World of Physics, RS4K physics, Physics for Every Kid, etc... Oh, and lots of physics workshops. My dh is a mechanical engineer, so we'll do lots of building machines and cool stuff! Our boys have already built every K'nex kit out there! :tongue_smilie: Then I'll continue with the same series of books for biology and then astronomy during 7th. I think that will set us up nicely for starting any of the "real" science curricula in 8th.

So, what do you think?? Does that sound like a good plan? If not, don't tell me!! I am ordering the Exploring World books as soon as I'm done typing!! :lol:

Thanks for listening in on my plans!

Holly in KY

Mom to 11 yr twin boys

TOG for history, literature, worldview, geography, activities/art, and whatever else it throws at us; TT 7th; LOF Fractions; Easy Grammar; Writing Aids; MCT vocab/?poetry; RS4K chemistry; guitar; basketball