Menu

Looking for feedback for geography coop...

mom26

I am aiming this for 1st-3rd graders and received a catalog yesterday with a few good options

*Hands-On Geography by maggie Hogan (Not sure if copyright allows use for coop setting)

*Children around the world-Published by Carson -Dellosa (can be copied for coop)

*A Trip Around the World by Carson-Dellosa(suitable for coop copying as well)

Anyone have any input or experience using any of these resources??

I would love to hear from any of you who have alternate suggestions as well.

Thanks!!

Kathi

I wanted to do something fun w/my kids over the summer in terms of World Geography, so I purchased all the "A Trip Around the World" books (there are 3). I have a 5yo ds and 8 yo dd. I haven't used it yet obviously, but I think it's going to give me what I was looking for. Each country (and there are 2 continents, Antarctica and Australia) gives some basic information about the country, population, capital, main religion, currency, language, etc. There's a small pic of the flag and a map showing where the country is located. Then it gives about half a page of more information regarding its location and citizens. There's a full page with "fascinating facts" and a full page for language. This can include words to learn such as colors, counting, days of the week, simple expressions, as well as songs. There is almost always a recipe or two and then a page with activities you can do. It's very co-op friendly. Sometimes there are crafts. Then there is a full page to color of the flag and a full page map. There are also word games (crosswords, word finds, coloring (using foreign language colors). Lastly a full page w/other resources, mostly books and a few websites. I purchased some passports and world flag stamps to go along with it and I think it's going to be a fun summer activity for us. LMK if you have any more specific questions. HTH!

Thanks so much for you response! From my understanding these are reproducible, correct? Where did you order yours from and how did you get the extra passports and stamps?

I appreciate you taking the time to respond;)

Blessings,Kathi

These are reproducible for classroom use. I got mine (as well as the passports and stickers) from Rainbow Resource. I think Amazon had all the books, but my order w/Rainbow Resource qualified for free shipping so that's why I did it with them. Amazon didn't have the passports and these particular books aren't part of the Super Save Shipping.