Menu

BJU distance learning questions for 8th grade

How long are the grammar/writing and literature classes every day? Are they both year long classes, or are they just a semester each? What about American Republic and the Earth & Space Science? Both 30 minutes a day? And are they a year, or are they a semester each?

A friend of mine is interested in them, and I'm thinking the BJU person she talked to on the phone told her wrong LOL.

I don't know how long time wise these courses are, but the English is a semester course and so is the literature. The American Republic and the Earth/Space science are both year long courses.

That's what I thought. The BJU person told her the opposite - English and Literature are both full-year and the American Republic and Earth/Space Science are each a semester. I'll pass on the CORRECT info - thanks!

I don't know how long time wise these courses are, but the English is a semester course and so is the literature. The American Republic and the Earth/Space science are both year long courses.

:iagree:

And the video classes are each 30 minutes long, with about 30 minutes of homework afterwards.

Each of them? That's another thing the BJU person goofed up on then. She told my friend that English and literature were each 15 minutes long.

Nope, beginning in 7th grade the classes are 30 min each (Yes, each of them....though I'm not sure about bible)

In high school they remain 30 min, but the math and science go up to 45 min each.

Elementary they are 15 min for English, 30 min for Lit, 30 min for history, 15 min Spelling, 15 min Bible, 30 min Science.

Nope, beginning in 7th grade the classes are 30 min each (Yes, each of them....though I'm not sure about bible)

In high school they remain 30 min, but the math and science go up to 45 min each.

Elementary they are 15 min for English, 30 min for Lit, 30 min for history, 15 min Spelling, 15 min Bible, 30 min Science.

That's just what I suspected - the BJU person told her info. on the lower elementary grades (15 minutes and then the history/science only being a semester long).

Thanks!