Menu

GWG series placement question

Momling

I'm looking for an alternative to CLE LA (which I like except for the religious elements and the weird diacritical marks) and am considering something like GWG/SWS/WWW. My 7 yr old is very solidly at grade level and will have completed CLE LA 1 in a month. She's been very successful with it and likes it, so I'm a little reluctant to change. If I do, should I start her on the second book in the series or the first?

I notice that this series is changing from "Grade" to "Level"... does GWG and SWS say "Grade 1" or "Level 1" on the bottom of the page and the front cover? The sample I looked at says "Grade 1"... but I know she'd balk at the idea of a first grade book when she's starting second grade. Is there a big difference between the two? I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, so any suggestions are welcome!

I'd probably start with the second level, as levels 1 & 2 are very similar.

As for Level vs Grade terminology, here's what they say on their website:

We have started converting the covers of Growing With Grammar from Grade to Level. Currently the covers for grade

levels 1, 2, and 7 have Grade on the cover. Grade levels 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 have already been converted over to Level.

This change is cosmetic only and does not affect the content of any level.

It is our goal to have all covers converted to Level by the end of 2012.

All levels of Soaring with Spelling and Vocabulary and Winning With Writing all have Level on their covers.