Menu

SAT and school code

Today I took the SAT.

The form didn't ask for a school code. It did ask for the test center number, which everyone used, not only those from the school. But it didn't ask at all about a school code.

When I signed up, I put "Schooled At Home" and so my admission ticket says "970000" for the school code.

This is okay, right? I just thought it was weird that the SAT didn't ask for the school code even though everyone else on here talks about it. :confused:

You used the right code. The PSAT requires a different code for each state for homeschoolers since the scholarship scores are decided differently for each state.

So how was the test??? I was thinking of you, and all the others taking tests today, and hope it went well. :)

You used the right code. The PSAT requires a different code for each state for homeschoolers since the scholarship scores are decided differently for each state.

So how was the test??? I was thinking of you' date=' and all the others taking tests today, and hope it went well. :)[/quote']

I think I did pretty well. There were a few questions I knew I didn't know so I skipped, and a few I wasn't sure of so I either eliminated and then guessed, or skipped.

The math was a lot easier this time around and think I upped that significantly.

I'll know June 23rd :D

I'm glad it's over with though!!

Stephanie, the same thing happened to my son, and it threw me off, too. I did check his profile on collegeboard to be sure that we were registered to get an online score report (just in case a paper copy went to the testing school). I guess I was thinking too much of the way PSAT is done!

Like you, ds is glad it's over! I think he was most worried about getting a really strange essay prompt. I hope all of you guys are pleased by your scores come June 23rd! :grouphug:

Stephanie, the same thing happened to my son, and it threw me off, too. I did check his profile on collegeboard to be sure that we were registered to get an online score report (just in case a paper copy went to the testing school). I guess I was thinking too much of the way PSAT is done!

Like you, ds is glad it's over! I think he was most worried about getting a really strange essay prompt. I hope all of you guys are pleased by your scores come June 23rd! :grouphug:

I actually got a similar essay prompt (similar enough to use the same examples) that I had used as practice (and posted on the writing board here) :lol: I'm going to go look at the help I was given on the board and guess how I might have done :D

Edited by BeatleMania

It sounds like you did well! :)

It's always fun to see the expressions before the test and after. Lots more smiles and sighs of relief after it's over. :D

It wasn't even the test I was worried about.

I'm just glad that the only time I have to deal with the Public School now is asking for my 9th and 10th grade transcripts. :D

• 3 months later...
Today I took the SAT.

The form didn't ask for a school code. It did ask for the test center number, which everyone used, not only those from the school. But it didn't ask at all about a school code.

When I signed up, I put "Schooled At Home" and so my admission ticket says "970000" for the school code.

This is okay, right? I just thought it was weird that the SAT didn't ask for the school code even though everyone else on here talks about it. :confused:

My son took the SAT today. His admission ticket did not include the 970000 code, only a registration code and a test center code.

As stated above, the test form did not ask for a school code.

Was the 970000 code supposed to be on his admission ticket?

Thanks.