Menu

Recommendations for American History Spine for 1st grade from Christian perspective?

j_thurm

Preferably one that reads like a story and has pictures. My child is not interested in History but I am going to be doing Bigger from Heart of Dakota next year with my 7 and 9 year old and I would like to have a more interesting spine for my 7 year old that could follow along with the topic being used with my 9 year old from Eggleston. Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for the recommendation. Does it have many pictures? I looked at the samples and I didn't see many. Thanks!

We are really enjoying Living History of Our World by Queen Homeschool Supplies. You can see samples here at the author's blog. I believe someone might even have it for sale here on the boards. You can also by it from Rainbow Resource in addition to the Queen homeschool site.

It does have pictures throughout the book, just not a ton. My son really enjoys it though. In fact, he tells me that history is his favorite subject. I was letting him draw during one of our readings and he got a little side tracked. He stopped me and said "Mom, can you read that again? I wasn't listening." Then after I was done for that day's reading he said "Aren't you going to keep reading?" lol! I know he likes something when he asks for more.

Here are a few different threads about it.... 1, 2, 3. I know there have been more than that, those were just ones I had bookmarked.

There is a yahoo group as well as her blog and facebook page.

Thanks for your help!!! I am looking for a set used.

It does have pictures throughout the book, just not a ton. My son really enjoys it though. In fact, he tells me that history is his favorite subject. I was letting him draw during one of our readings and he got a little side tracked. He stopped me and said "Mom, can you read that again? I wasn't listening." Then after I was done for that day's reading he said "Aren't you going to keep reading?" lol! I know he likes something when he asks for more.

Here are a few different threads about it.... 1, 2, 3. I know there have been more than that, those were just ones I had bookmarked.

There is a yahoo group as well as her blog and facebook page.