Menu

Preschool activity - pasting and construction paper. Help?

momee

Want to use construction paper and a glue stick in the car - dd's new fave activity -

but am at a loss as to what.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of a matching thing with shapes then thought might be nice if I could do something more interesting...TIA!

There is a series of books called Cut, Paste, Create- they have different ones for farm animals, big machines, etc. Basically, you cut out shapes beforehand and then you put them together to make something. For example, for a tractor, you'd have a big rectangle for the body, a smaller one for the cab, smaller still for the windows, circles for the tires, etc. They turn out really cute. I got them from my library and I would cut out the shapes the night before and paperclip them together in sets. Then we would play with putting the shapes together for awhile and then when we got it just right- we'd glue them down. Lots of fun! HTH!

Ed Emberley's Picture Pie and Picture Pie 2 books!

You start with simple shapes: circles, half-circles, and wedges to make designs. The second book adds triangles and squares. Both books include templates for drawing and cutting out the shapes.

You can cut out the shapes in advance for your DD. Or if she is good with scissors, you can trace them for her to cut out.

Once she's done a few of the pictures from the book, just turn her loose and let her come up with her own creations.

http://www.amazon.com/Emberleys-Picture-Emberley-Drawing-Books/dp/0316789828/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307045239&sr=8-1-spell