Menu

Opinions on SL core 200

My dd did it in 8th grade and my dd is doing it now as a freshman. I (and they) have like it though my son has had to get used to all the literature. SL does put a classic, then an easy read, then a classic etc ... so it is not as hard as it looks. We have only done SL in our 5 years homeschooling and we like it all.

Meryl

The schedule makes the literature doable I think.

We're using it with a 13 yr old - 8th/9th grader. The doctrinal ideas and discussions have been awesome but I can't imagine doing them either as a new Christian myself of my son not being brought up with spiritual teaching.

I have loved the literature - and have had to learn to let go of my previous ideas that literature study included terms and worksheets this year. There are some terms but it's mostly reading for exposure, pleasure and thinking through the creative writing assignments.

I don't think if you're all about tests and paperwork this would be for you :lol:

SL at this core seems like - what "work" are we doing besides reading and discussing but my son has learned so much and had to think through some very heady theological issues of late.

Any ?s ask away.