Menu

Question for those who have used FLL and WWE for 3 and 4 grade

I have been trying to decide what to use for 3rd grade LA for dd. Are these 2 programs enough? Do I need to add anything other than spelling and reading for LA? I want to make sure this is strong enough because we will be testing at the end of 3rd grade per state requirements. Any info is greatly appreciated. And suggestions if you don't think it is enough!

I used both of those programs at the same time. I added a spelling program. I used spelling workout.

So, in third grade I used FLL3, WWE 2, spelling workout...? I cannot remember. Prob level C? I started with level A in first grade.

Fourth grade was FLL4, WWE 3, spelling workout D

Those three together was plenty of language arts. I didn't do any reading instruction at that point. He had assigned reading in those grades but it was for history or science and he dictated his narrations to me.

If you have any questions, let me know. I absolutely LOVE WWE and FLL!

I used both of those programs at the same time. I added a spelling program. I used spelling workout.

So, in third grade I used FLL3, WWE 2, spelling workout...? I cannot remember. Prob level C? I started with level A in first grade.

Fourth grade was FLL4, WWE 3, spelling workout D

Those three together was plenty of language arts. I didn't do any reading instruction at that point. He had assigned reading in those grades but it was for history or science and he dictated his narrations to me.

If you have any questions, let me know. I absolutely LOVE WWE and FLL!

Thank you!!! We are finishing up FLL 2 this summer and just started WWE. I love FLL, but since I haven't seen FLL3 and 4 I wanted to make sure that it was enough. We have jumped all over with different curriculums and I really just want to find one I can stick with for a while! We have used 2 grammar programs for the last 2 years and dd is about to strangle me!:tongue_smilie:

We have jumped all over with different curriculums and I really just want to find one I can stick with for a while! We have used 2 grammar programs for the last 2 years and dd is about to strangle me!:tongue_smilie:

So wise to stick with FLL or whatever you choose. When I considered changing whatever subject, my dh often reminded to me step back and see the big picture of where we are going. Often then I would stay the course. I'm sure his advice here saved us lots of $ in the long run (of course I did switch here and there and usually regretted it).

You'll find FLL is a definitely a step up from FLL 1 and 2. We really like it!

So wise to stick with FLL or whatever you choose. When I considered changing whatever subject, my dh often reminded to me step back and see the big picture of where we are going. Often then I would stay the course. I'm sure his advice here saved us lots of $ in the long run (of course I did switch here and there and usually regretted it).

You'll find FLL is a definitely a step up from FLL 1 and 2. We really like it!

Thank you! I am sooo tired of jumping around from curriculum to curriculum. I have wasted way too much $ and I don't want dd to get behind because of this. Looking forward to FLL 3!