Menu

Brother printer CS rave

One of our neighbors is moving. They had some stuff to get rid of and one item was a Brother multifunction printer. She told me that it wouldn't print black but that if we wanted to try to fix it we could have it.

I took it and I did all the troubleshooting on Brother's website. It still wouldn't print black so the website said to call CS. I did. I explained that the printer was given to us and that I had no idea when it was purchased. They ran through some questions with me. Then told me they would send out a replacement printer (upgraded no less) and a shipping label to return the defective printer. The model they are sending is an upgrade over the model that I have had on my wishlist at Amazon since the "great printer discussion" on this board.

Now I have a new nice wireless printer for our school room that uses reasonably priced ink! :hurray: and a big :thumpup: for Brother's customer service!

I got an MFC 495CW. I have been printing on it this morning and it works great. I think my only "complaint" would be that the paper tray doesn't hold a lot of paper.

This won't be a problem for us because this is a secondary printer that I have set up in our school room. Our main printer that dh uses for church and I will use for bigger projects is an HP and it holds about 250 sheets of paper.