Menu

Greek Roots Only?

SnMomof7

First off, I have to say that we haven't used any formal vocabulary programs. We are teaching Latin (PL this year), and I plan to teach Greek. But that being said - I'm thinking of doing a Greek roots study - BECAUSE - the Greek alphabet isn't anything like the English alphabet.

I would like to teach Greek (Koine) at some point, but I'd like them to 'see' Greek roots in the alphabet we use, not in the Greek alphabet.

Am I making any sense? LOL!

So, has anyone else gone down this road, and do you have program suggestions?

Once you get accustomed to it, the Greek alphabert will be as "natural" to you as the one you use, if you continue to use it consistently over the years. There might always be a slight "mismatch" (think of how quickly you can skim a page in English - well, you might not reach that level of familiarity until after many, many years), but for all the practical purposes, there is perfectly no reason to transliterate Greek. You / your children will be able to read it quickly, fluently and with no problems whatsoever.

I think getting into the habit of transliterating other alphabets is a bad thing, a sort of "aid" which "cripples" you on the long run, as you become too dependent on it. I say just start teaching Greek when you feel comfortable adding it, with no prior specific roots study, and let it come naturally as a part of the process of learning Greek - in the Greek alphabet too.

Yes, we use Vocabulary Vine, by Nany Hasseler, before continuing on with any vocabulary program (and there are so many to choose from!).

Vocabulary Vine teaches 108 roots from Latin and Greek. You learn simple "example" words for the purpose of helping you remember the meaning of the ROOT. So, it is not a vocab program, but a root program.

My dd13 loved using it this past year after finishing up all the Spelling Workout books.

Thanks!

Question for you Ester Maria. Do you think that learning the Greek directly with its own alphabet still helps with vocabulary development in English? I've never taught or learned a language with a different alphabet so this will be a first for us.

We have the English From the Roots Up cards (check on Amazon) which are flashcards with the Greek or Latin root on the front, and the meaning on the back along with English words that use that root. I think they are totally awesome, and would see no reason to teach the roots using the Greek alphabet. We are even planning to teach Koine Greek to the boys, but I still like learning the roots with the English alphabet.

We also used the English from the Roots Up flashcards. My oldest learned all the Greek roots in that program in about six months and then began Koine Greek. He loved it. I want to find something more advanced for him for next year but the EFTRU was a simple beginning for him.

First off, I have to say that we haven't used any formal vocabulary programs. We are teaching Latin (PL this year), and I plan to teach Greek. But that being said - I'm thinking of doing a Greek roots study - BECAUSE - the Greek alphabet isn't anything like the English alphabet.

I would like to teach Greek (Koine) at some point, but I'd like them to 'see' Greek roots in the alphabet we use, not in the Greek alphabet.

Am I making any sense? LOL!

I see your point here but just keep in mind also that while the letters are in the Greek (Hellenic) alphabet the sounds are not all the actual sounds as found in the Greek language so my opinion is that you and your kids could still make the connections between roots and English words. When I first started researching what to use for Greek I was annoyed to see that the sounds were not the actual sounds but I later realized that they have more than likely been Anglicized for this reason so it made more sense to me. Also, by Anglicizing the sounds they have made them easier for a non native speaker to pronounce since some of the sounds would probably be difficult to pronounce anyway (some of the sounds do not exist in the English language, like the sound of the letter Γγ).

I am tackling Greek (Hellenic :D) from two different angles that fit my needs for my boys. One, I want them to learn to speak Greek (Modern Greek) because it is part of their Heritage and also because all their relatives are in Greece including my parents, so I will be using Rosetta Stone for that (our package just arrived :)). Two, like you, I want them to make the connections between the Greek roots and English words but I am just going with a vocabulary/ roots program for that and also adding in Latin at the same time. We will be using (as has already been posted from someone else) English from the Roots Up. We will play with Song School Latin until 3rd grade and then add in Latin for Children after that.

Anyway, so in your situation you could start a Koine program if that is the way you want to go and take it from there, or you could just use a vocabulary program like we are and save Koine for later. It all depends on what direction you want to take. Just realize that with a Koine program your kids will not be communicating in Greek and as for reading the Bible in its "original" language, well, it will be with some sounds altered :tongue_smilie: and therefore not exactly the original language anyway ;). HTH.

Edited by Guest

Question for you Ester Maria. Do you think that learning the Greek directly with its own alphabet still helps with vocabulary development in English? I've never taught or learned a language with a different alphabet so this will be a first for us.

Of course.

A different alphabet should not "paralyze" you, it maybe looks more daunting than it really is. It is just a different set of symbols, and reading as a skill transfers, so people learn it fairly quickly.

I see your point here but just keep in mind also that while the letters are in the Greek (Hellenic) alphabet the sounds are not all the actual sounds as found in the Greek language so my opinion is that you and your kids could still make the connections between roots and English words. When I first started researching what to use for Greek I was annoyed to see that the sounds were not the actual sounds but I later realized that they have more than likely been Anglicized for this reason so it made more sense to me. Also, by Anglicizing the sounds they have made them easier for a non native speaker to pronounce since some of the sounds would probably be difficult to pronounce anyway (some of the sounds do not exist in the English language, like the sound of the letter Γγ).

Actually, strictly speaking, it is not about "anglicization", but about using the reconstructed pronunciation in reading Greek as opposed to using Modern Greek pronunciation (with all the phonological changes that occurred in the language meanwhile) in reading (Ancient and Byzantine) Greek. This may come as a complete shock to some Greeks, but Ancient Greek is taught nearly EVERYWHERE in the world using the reconstructed pronunciation, NOT modern Greek pronunciation. Greece is probably the only country, or one of rare ones, that goes with the living tradition of the language. In my home country, Italy, the same is done for Latin - while most of the world reads Latin using either a reconstructed classical pronunciation or adhering to the ecclesiastical tradition, in Italy most often a "third" option occurs, and that is simply reading Latin as though you were reading Italian.

I see pronunciation in classical, non-spoken languages pretty much to be a non-issue, you can read it as you see fit and it will not really alter anything (even the metric aspects of poetry "translate").

Actually, strictly speaking, it is not about "anglicization", but about using the reconstructed pronunciation in reading Greek as opposed to using Modern Greek pronunciation (with all the phonological changes that occurred in the language meanwhile) in reading (Ancient and Byzantine) Greek. This may come as a complete shock to some Greeks, but Ancient Greek is taught nearly EVERYWHERE in the world using the reconstructed pronunciation, NOT modern Greek pronunciation. Greece is probably the only country, or one of rare ones, that goes with the living tradition of the language. In my home country, Italy, the same is done for Latin - while most of the world reads Latin using either a reconstructed classical pronunciation or adhering to the ecclesiastical tradition, in Italy most often a "third" option occurs, and that is simply reading Latin as though you were reading Italian.

I see pronunciation in classical, non-spoken languages pretty much to be a non-issue, you can read it as you see fit and it will not really alter anything (even the metric aspects of poetry "translate").

I cannot speak for Latin/ Italian but I can speak for Hellenic (Ελληνικά). I have no idea where or how this reconstruction occurred but it did not come from us Greeks (Hellenes, which is what we are actually called) and it most certainly does not represent the evolution of the language. We are fully aware that Ancient Greek is taught in many countries all over the world and the fact that it is taught in a "reconstructed" way does not shock is. I think it is more a matter of, it makes no difference to us :lol:. We are taught Ancient Greek in school today (I took two years of Ancient Greek and had I not followed a science related direction I would have had three) and the sounds that are found in the Modern Greek language are EXACTLY the same as in Ancient Greek. That is what we follow, not a reconstruction/ evolution that took place in countries where the language did not originate.

My dad, in his 80's now, took a different form while in school as well (besides Ancient Greek). Back then this form of the language was used by scholars, while the rest spoke a more simplified version similar to what the language is like today. The sounds have NEVER changed. You will never see this:

Ββ pronounced as Bb

Γγ pronounced as Gg or

Δδ pronounced as Dd

and that's just to name a few. I won't even touch blended sounds. Some of the letter sounds do sound the same as in the English language but several don't. The correct sounds, the sounds that have been used all through our history have.always.remained.the.same.

:rant: OK, I feel better now :). Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh but as someone who was born in Greece, lived half my life there (going back and forth over the years), it does get a little personal ;).

Jennifer, sorry for making your thread take a different turn. I will walk away now and let others advise you since my advice is probably not what you are looking for anyway :).

Good luck with whatever you choose :).

We took a full year on the alphabet alone prior to starting EG. It is definitely not necessary, but if your dc are young enough when starting it is a very gentle, no-stress introduction to the language. Also, by the time we started EG dd was very comfortable with the alphabet, and we didn't face the combination of learning both the alphabet and vocabulary simultaneously. Again, I'm not advocating that a full year on the alphabet is necessary, esp. for older children, but if your children are too young for a formal program it is a nice foundation year. I think as Ester Maria said it wouldn't be necessary to do both Koine and a roots study. Once you are comfortable with the alphabet you can make the connections.

I just wanted to add that it is not as intimidating as it seems. We used "Hey, Andrew" level 1, which is just the alphabet, and Greek Alphabet Code Cracker. We sang the alphabet to the tune of "Mama's Little Baby Loves Shortnin' Bread." :) I've heard people give good reviews of Bluedorn's Greek Alphabetarion also. Ultimately, whichever choice you make is going to be fine. I just wanted to encourage you that you can do it! :)

I cannot speak for Latin/ Italian but I can speak for Hellenic (Ελληνικά).

But I speak it too... ;) I studied αρχαία for six years (one before lycee and five in lycee) and then learned modern Greek (and forgot it due to disuse LOL) later, etc., even read a lot in those good ol' days when it could still be said I knew Greek LOL. I use some of Greek materials with my kids too (I teach only ancient, though... too much on our plate already).

the sounds that are found in the Modern Greek language are EXACTLY the same as in Ancient Greek. That is what we follow, not a reconstruction/ evolution that took place in countries where the language did not originate.

This is actually a very problematic claim, archeologically, as we just cannot know how the ancient Greeks spoken and claim with security that the sounds have not changed... But there is supposedly (again, I am not an expert there, I just know many classicists) substantial textual and archaeological evidence (in terms of transliterations to Latin on monuments, etc. - not sure exactly how it works) for the reconstructed pronunciation, which is essentially an attempt to speak Greek as Ancient Greeks are most likely to have spoken. Is it a good reconstruction? No idea, possibly too ambitious. But it is there, established, lots of people use it...

Back then this form of the language was used by scholars, while the rest spoke a more simplified version similar to what the language is like today. The sounds have NEVER changed.

Yes, katharevousa was spoken essentially like the language today. But note that it still says something about how ancient Greek was spoken 2-3 millenia ago.

I would always speak modern Greek like you, but for ancient Greek, I think knowing this reconstructed pronunciation is fine too. Mind you, I actually prefer going with the living tradition of the language, but I really do not think that it is such a big deal here... even if the anglicized pronunciation of Latin hurts my ears BIG TIME (:D) so I can, in a way, understand the disapproval.

(Both my kids and I prefer it "your" way, by the way. ;) I just think the reconstructed is a legitimate version too.)

(Can you please PM if you are interested in talking about Greek resources for Greek / classical studies and other? I would be interested in seeing how you approach Greek in your homeschool - I suppose from a native language standpoint? With literature? I would love to know.)

Edited by Ester Maria

No Worries Marie :). Hugs. Hey...did you see my post count ;).

I mean, where else can you go and find moms of small children being so passionate about Greek? I certainly don't understand all the details about the different versions of Greek, and know NOTHING about pronunciation, so I can't really contribute to that branch of the thread though :).

Thanks for the encouragement Dawn! I guess I'll sink the idea of a roots program for now, and maybe...actually...take my Bluedorn Greek materials off the shelf and figure out how to use them!!! :) DD keeps asking for Greek - I wanted her to do Latin for a couple of years first, but maybe I'll cave to her (mild) pressure and my own curiosity.

But I speak it too... ;) I studied αρχαία for six years (one before lycee and five in lycee) and then learned modern Greek (and forgot it due to disuse LOL) later, etc., even read a lot in those good ol' days when it could still be said I knew Greek LOL. I use some of Greek materials with my kids too (I teach only ancient, though... too much on our plate already).

I am pretty much on the same boat with αρχαία. I studied it too many moons ago ;) and have not used it since. My dad is more comfortable with it of course since he studied it much longer than I in those days and some of his books are in ancient Greek.

This is actually a very problematic claim, archeologically, as we just cannot know how the ancient Greeks spoken and claim with security that the sounds have not changed... But there is supposedly (again, I am not an expert there, I just know many classicists) substantial textual and archaeological evidence (in terms of transliterations to Latin on monuments, etc. - not sure exactly how it works) for the reconstructed pronunciation, which is essentially an attempt to speak Greek as Ancient Greeks are most likely to have spoken. Is it a good reconstruction? No idea, possibly too ambitious. But it is there, established, lots of people use it...

I could see the language taking a different direction during the Roman Empire, probably creating a Latin/ Greek hybrid :tongue_smilie: but in "Greece" (amongst our people I mean) from what we know the sounds have not changed.

Yes, katharevousa was spoken essentially like the language today. But note that it still says something about how ancient Greek was spoken 2-3 millenia ago.

You know about katharevousa! Now I am really impressed :)! Katharevousa was taught in the schools back then for those that could afford to send their kids beyond a certain grade but was not the way people spoke in their daily lives.

I would always speak modern Greek like you, but for ancient Greek, I think knowing this reconstructed pronunciation is fine too. Mind you, I actually prefer going with the living tradition of the language, but I really do not think that it is such a big deal here... even if the anglicized pronunciation of Latin hurts my ears BIG TIME (:D) so I can, in a way, understand the disapproval.

(Both my kids and I prefer it "your" way, by the way. ;) I just think the reconstructed is a legitimate version too.)

Yep, this is why I said I cannot speak for Latin. We started SSL earlier this year with the ecclesiastical pronunciations and I have since decided to go classical but the sounds have now stuck in my son's head through the songs and chants so I put it aside till the fall. Hopefully he will have forgotten by then although he has a memory like mine when it comes to songs and chants :tongue_smilie:. I can still remember songs I learned in French at his age and younger even though I have not spoken French since. Anyway, I decided for what I wanted to do, the classical pronunciations will suit me fine and given that he is my science kid I will not worry about original pronunciations. I figured the case would be similar with Latin. Also, if you noticed I mentioned to Jennifer that starting Koine now will work fine (if that's the direction she wishes to take with her kids). I don't see a problem with it either, especially since that is what she seems to want to do. I was just trying to make her understand that if she went to Greece on vacation and said for example barka for βάρκα (just a word that came to mind at the spur of a moment) people would be confused. It would make communication difficult but not impossible.

(Can you please PM if you are interested in talking about Greek resources for Greek / classical studies and other? I would be interested in seeing how you approach Greek in your homeschool - I suppose from a native language standpoint? With literature? I would love to know.)

I can post my current plan here, I don't mind! We will be inheriting my dad's library of books. I am saving that for when the boys are off to University to do a self study and hopefully their Greek will be proficient enough to read them one day also. However, it is not in my plans to include Ancient Greek. If they wish to pursue it later on, then I will encourage them and will ensure we get materials from Greece to teach it. I also have access to public school texts online. PM me and I can send you the link if you are interested. I have not searched that far but have downloaded all the texts from grades 1-6.

I am changing my approach though because I do not speak to the boys at home enough so we purchased Rosetta Stone (I am just in the process of setting it up this weekend with an eager boy waiting not so patiently) so they can hear and interact with the language more. I like that they seem to use native speakers (they say it but I had to check for myself through the demos) so we will see how long it will take Adrian to get through level 1. I will be going through it myself to see if I want to add to it since I don't know how much writing, grammar and spelling is included, yet. I am also looking at adding some of the LA school books for reading and I have some story books also. Their grandparents are eager to send them whatever else they need.

Since I am using Greek with the Greek pronunciations that I know ;), I am also adding English from the Roots Up for them to make connections between the Greek roots and English words. For now this is my plan where Greek is concerned. Depending on how much RS meets my needs I will decide about the other two levels.

Marie, how I wish you were close enough to meet for coffee. :) I'm very intrigued about the pronunciation differences. When studying classical Greek in college very little time was spent on pronunciation since the emphasis was on reading and translating. We did listen to various recordings "experts" made based on their research. Our professor explained to us that what we learned in the class would not help us communicate in modern Greece at all, due to the vast differences--vocab and pronunciation. The pronunciations we used was different from those used in the recordings of the Koine materials; however, it was still just a different version of a reconstructed pronunciation. Anyway, I find the discussion very interesting and appreciate your input when you contribute to these threads. You and Ester Maria add a lot to these Greek discussions, and I'm glad you're both here and so willing to offer help.

Marie, how I wish you were close enough to meet for coffee. :) I'm very intrigued about the pronunciation differences. When studying classical Greek in college very little time was spent on pronunciation since the emphasis was on reading and translating. We did listen to various recordings "experts" made based on their research. Our professor explained to us that what we learned in the class would not help us communicate in modern Greece at all, due to the vast differences--vocab and pronunciation. The pronunciations we used was different from those used in the recordings of the Koine materials; however, it was still just a different version of a reconstructed pronunciation. Anyway, I find the discussion very interesting and appreciate your input when you contribute to these threads. You and Ester Maria add a lot to these Greek discussions, and I'm glad you're both here and so willing to offer help.

I flew half the distance or more from overseas so you will have to meet me the rest of the way ;). Seriously though, I love sharing my thoughts but I am pretty black and white about certain things and my thoughts are not always popular. Oh well! Being true to what I believe is more important to me than winning a popularity contest at the end of the day :lol:.

I tip my hat to your professor for his honesty. To tell you the truth, and I think I have mentioned it before, even if one learns Greek in Greece it is very little help to Ancient Greece. This is how great the differences are, even while using the same pronunciations! If you like I could compile a list of all the sounds or at least the sounds I know/ suspect are different and post it here because if you PM me I would need an e-mail address to send it to you. I know I can upload Word documents so I could do that for anyone that is curious, even if it is just you :). I could also search for a Greek website that may offer sound recordings. The letter Γγ for example would be next to impossible to explain in print since the sound does not exist in the English language.

Someone did post a link to a program in one of the threads that seemed to use the Greek pronunciations (at least from what I saw from the previews) but it was for Modern Greek. I did look into their programs in case Rosetta Stone did not fulfill my needs and it could have worked well for Malcolm while he is younger but they wanted $30 shipping on a $90 order to ship USPS as I recall :banghead: and everyone that knows me knows I hate paying overinflated shipping costs.

Anyway, let me know and I could work on the list but it may take me some time since we are busy working on closing our school year right now for reporting purposes.

I could see the language taking a different direction during the Roman Empire, probably creating a Latin/ Greek hybrid :tongue_smilie: but in "Greece" (amongst our people I mean) from what we know the sounds have not changed.

From what I know, they reconstruct it based on poetry / metric length (but this is VERY problematic in my view...), based on frequent mistakes in orthography in as early as possible documents (for example, if you find misspellings of ει as ι, you can suspect that the two were probably pronounced the same way - BUT, the problem with that is from which century the documents are, do not take my word for it, but I think this started to occur repeatedly only in Byzantine Greek?), on transliterations (e.g. on documents or archaeological evidence which contained both Greek names in Greek and then those same names transliterated into Latin). In some cases also onomatopeia, I think (again, all disclaimers apply, I am not an expert in this field) that one of the evidence for "beta" (as opposed to "vita") was from that camp. And then there are some linguistic inferences from dialect comparisons, etc., however, all of those reconstructions are post-Renaissance, I believe.

I really need to refresh my knowledge of this topic LOL. :glare:

You know about katharevousa! Now I am really impressed :)!

A hopeless hellenophile... :blush:

I also have access to public school texts online. PM me and I can send you the link if you are interested. I have not searched that far but have downloaded all the texts from grades 1-6.

The only site I know about is this, I use some of those to supplement (ancient) Greek studies. If you know of something else, I would be thrilled to know about it too. I have some additional "physical" texts (somewhere, LOL), but not much past that and not much of that is school books anyway, it is mostly literature. I have not been reading that for years :001_huh:, incredible how time flies and how quickly one forgets all of that.

Sigh.

You are one lucky woman, with such a beautiful and rich language. :) I often wish we could do more Greek, or do better Greek with incorporated modern Greek too, or spend more time in Greece (there was a period when I went basically every summer... but we barely go any more), but our family / cultural / living situation is such and specific that simply other projects, languages and places must take priority... and it always saddens me a bit, even if I know it must be that way. In some other life I guess. LOL.

Okay, off to end this pathetic rambling. :tongue_smilie: Can you PM me with the link if it is something else?

Dawn, I found a website that seems to be perfect and I won't have to do anything :). Ester Maria, I saw your post but have to run. More later today.

From what I know, they reconstruct it based on poetry / metric length (but this is VERY problematic in my view...), based on frequent mistakes in orthography in as early as possible documents (for example, if you find misspellings of ει as ι, you can suspect that the two were probably pronounced the same way - BUT, the problem with that is from which century the documents are, do not take my word for it, but I think this started to occur repeatedly only in Byzantine Greek?), on transliterations (e.g. on documents or archaeological evidence which contained both Greek names in Greek and then those same names transliterated into Latin). In some cases also onomatopeia, I think (again, all disclaimers apply, I am not an expert in this field) that one of the evidence for "beta" (as opposed to "vita") was from that camp. And then there are some linguistic inferences from dialect comparisons, etc., however, all of those reconstructions are post-Renaissance, I believe.

I really need to refresh my knowledge of this topic LOL. :glare:

A hopeless hellenophile... :blush:

The only site I know about is this, I use some of those to supplement (ancient) Greek studies. If you know of something else, I would be thrilled to know about it too. I have some additional "physical" texts (somewhere, LOL), but not much past that and not much of that is school books anyway, it is mostly literature. I have not been reading that for years, incredible how time flies and how quickly one forgets all of that.

Sigh.

You are one lucky woman, with such a beautiful and rich language. :) I often wish we could do more Greek, or do better Greek with incorporated modern Greek too, or spend more time in Greece (there was a period when I went basically every summer... but we barely go any more), but our family / cultural / living situation is such and specific that simply other projects, languages and places must take priority... and it always saddens me a bit, even if I know it must be that way. In some other life I guess. LOL.

Okay, off to end this pathetic rambling. :tongue_smilie: Can you PM me with the link if it is something else?

I am very impressed once again :D! That's the website. It has all the books (most of them anyway, it is my understanding that some high school material is missing) used in the public school system. I stumbled on it completely by chance while trying to order some and getting very irritated with the shipping costs. My parents would not let me pay for the shipping if I had them send them to me so I did not want to take advantage of their generosity. Anyway, I felt so lucky to have found it, I figured I would let you know. Of course you've btdt already :lol:.

I did spend some time reading up on this and it does seem to be a very complicated (not surprising) issue. There are supporters for both side even in Greece it seems. Although it appears that most, like myself, believe that the sounds have remained the same.

The link I found for Dawn with the sounds just like in Modern Greek could be found in this site. Funny thing is he is on your side ;), although Greek born. He did go to University in the US though :tongue_smilie:.

I love my Greek heritage and love my language but have always felt drawn to Italian and Spanish even though I have not taken any lessons so far, so there you have it. Greece is beautiful but is going through a really tough time right now and everyone there is being affected. Anyway, I am sure you know the situation in Greece and many other countries in Europe already. I haven't been back in several years. How about a pic to brighten up your day?

[ATTACH]5349[/ATTACH]

Ancient Olympia (you may have figured it out already but posting for others wondering)

Dawn, here's the link I promised. I was out the door earlier and we were out for the rest of the day so I did not get the chance until now.

http://www.foundalis.com/lan/grkalpha.htm

He has done an incredible job putting this together. Much better than I could have. Check out some of the other links found in the page also. He has word pronunciations too.

Edited by Guest

Dawn, here's the link I promised. I was out the door earlier and we were out for the rest of the day so I did not get the chance until now.

http://www.foundalis.com/lan/grkalpha.htm

He has done an incredible job putting this together. Much better than I could have. Check out some of the other links found in the page also. He has word pronunciations too.

Thank you! Thank you! That is a fascinating article! It is very interesting to me to see that, according to him, Koine would have been pronounced more like modern Greek than like the older versions. I've only read partway through but will spend some time studying this later. I'm looking forward to reading deeper and exploring the links....thanks again so much for sharing.

I was fortunate enough to travel to Greece with my husband early in our marriage. Ahhh... I would so love to go back with the whole family when the kids are older.

Thank you! Thank you! That is a fascinating article! It is very interesting to me to see that, according to him, Koine would have been pronounced more like modern Greek than like the older versions. I've only read partway through but will spend some time studying this later. I'm looking forward to reading deeper and exploring the links....thanks again so much for sharing.

I was fortunate enough to travel to Greece with my husband early in our marriage. Ahhh... I would so love to go back with the whole family when the kids are older.

You're welcome :)! We would like to take the boys for some site seeing when they are older. We always made a point of visiting archaeological sites during the summer months while living there :D. I have a video recording I made while on vacation (when I was younger) with my parents of Knossos.

Aww. Thank you for the picture! :001_wub:

Some of my fondest memories are from Greece... such a wonderful place...

Sigh.

Thank you for brightening my day.

:D

[ATTACH]5354[/ATTACH]

That's me with Adrian by the way :). Ancient Olympia again.