Menu

?'s re: FLL and WWE

I've been researching for next year's curriculum and am very interested in these two. My son is 6; I do not like to get into what 'grade level' he is but to make it easier for everyone, I'd say first. However, I know that fundamentals of writing and grammar are missing from his lessons. I'd like to plug it in.

What is the difference between FLL and WWE? They seem similar, and yet different but compliment one another. Would I (do you?) use them both concurrently or one at a time? Also, WWE has a workbook (must you have that) and do you find you need any other supplemental materials for instruction of either book?

Also, I may be imagining it (I tend to do that) but is there a language arts program based off the Little House series? I love these books and own the entire collection. I'd love to use that if/when appropriate.

Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to some insight. Jess

FLL is grammar. WWE is writing. They go wonderfully together. FLL1 & 2 come together in one book (might not be true of newest edition) and it is all you need. All of level 1 is oral. You'll need paper for level 2. If you buy the WWE workbook that is all you will need. The lessons for both are short and focused. We love them!

My son is finishing up first. we used fll 1 and will continue with fll 2. (They are separate in the newer editions.) We didn't use WWE last year, but I'm adding WWE 2 this year because it was getting to be too big of a pain to pull it together on my own. I was also curious if I needed both books for WWE, so the other reply helps.