Menu

If you use HST+ how do you...

robsiew

Okay... this is what I'm trying to do...

I want to enter in my ds' Latin lessons. I have a routine we will follow:

Mondays: Watch DVD, do worksheet 1

Tuesdays: Do worksheet 2 and 3, listen to CD

Wednesdays: Do worksheet 4, listen to CD

Thursdays: Do worksheet 5, listen to CD

Friday: Quiz and oral drill

So... I want to set it up so it repeats each of these plans for each chapter in the book... how do I do that? (Pointing me to a page in the manual would be great!) I'm really confused with how to use the "repeat" function.

Here's how I do it, I am not sure this is the most elegant way, but it works.

You are setting up 5 assignments that repeat some number of times for the year (say 36).

I enter the first lesson - Chapter 1 Watch DVD (or whatever wording you choose). This should enter as sequence number 0. Once that is entered right click on it and bring up the copy screen. Chose Auto Increment to automatically increase your lesson or chapter numbers on your assignments. Start with 2 and go to whatever number = your number of chapters or lessons (i.e. 36).

In your sequence number box start with sequence number 5 (that will be the beginning of week 2) and increment by 5. That will create all of your 1st day of the week assignments.

Now enter your second day of the week assignment Worksheet 2..... as sequence number 1. Repeat the copy as above but start with sequence number 6 and increment by 5. This will create all of your 2nd day assignments for the year.

Repeat 3 more times and you will have your plan for the year.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if I wasn't clear.

I set all of my plans up this way in the summer and then schedule them on Sunday for the upcoming week. I am now reaping the benefit of reusing plans from child 1 for child 2 and 3.

Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for! Wow, there is a huge learning curve to this! I spent a few hours tonight with the program and feel like I got nowhere. I really appreciate your positive feedback on the program... that is exactly the goal I have! I know I'll get there, just right now I feel like I'm plodding through mud and making very little progress. I will give your instructions a try tomorrow... I'm DONE for tonight! :001_smile: