Menu

Do you use Homeschool Tracker on yourself?

I just downloaded the free version of Homeschool Tracker and it just occurred to me that, with the way all the fields are customizable, I could use it to plan my own days too.

Like:

Subject: Housework

Activity: Dishes

Resource: Dishwasher

Time Spent: 15 min.

I like this idea. I might even give myself points. :lol:

I do not but it sounds like a great idea. I do remember a person using it for recipes I think. In fact I think I saved it. Let me check -- maybe I can do a copy and paste. Found it:

I have been working for a LONG time on generating a three-month menu plan, in order to use new recipes, etc. (And in order to actually cook a meal, instead of stare into the pantry and end up with cereal -- again....) I have entered it in the LP section of HST, and am looking for the right way to get a report that I can use.

The info was entered as follows:

Resource = name of cookbook

Group = main item in recipe (chicken, beef, vegetarian, etc)

P/L/C = page in cookbook

Activity = breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, or dessert

Topic = name of recipe

Directions = ingredient list for grocery list

I used the assignment report to include incomplete items, after I assigned the meals to me (as a student). The only fields I included were "topic" and "directions." That gave me a report with the name of the recipe and the ingredients needed -- in order of the date I need it!!!! YAY!!! It's just what I need!

Pasted from <http://forum.homeschooltracker.com/discuss_show.aspx?threadid=8665>

I think it is for the Plus version but adaptable.

Blessings,

Suzq

Ooh, neat idea. I haven't done it, but now that we're entering high-school (well, 8th grade, but hs is right around the corner) I want to do more self-educating in some subjects. HST might be a great way to track my own progress.

Maybe for housework, too...I'll probably experiment with this.

I just downloaded the free version of Homeschool Tracker and it just occurred to me that, with the way all the fields are customizable, I could use it to plan my own days too.

Like:

Subject: Housework

Activity: Dishes

Resource: Dishwasher

Time Spent: 15 min.

I like this idea. I might even give myself points. :lol:

By the time I filled in all the parameters including where I would be washing the dishes and how long it would take, I could have had the dishes washed! :tongue_smilie:

By the time I filled in all the parameters including where I would be washing the dishes and how long it would take, I could have had the dishes washed! :tongue_smilie:

Yes, but if you copy the activity, it will automatically fill it in for the days of the week you want, for as long as you want! You could schedule your dishes for a year in advance!

:lol:

Can you tell I like making plans better than actually doing things?