Menu

SL 1&2 with MOH?

SnMomof7

I just can't wait to start our SL 1+2 (planned for fall), it is nearly jumping off the shelf into my hands. Must. Finish. Canada. Studies. First!

In any case. I have MOH here, and it is super-neat - is there a schedule for combining the two? I have the audios, so it would be easy to throw that in for the readings, and maybe use some of the activities.

Any links?

Thanks!

I would sign up for the Mystery of Hstory yahoo groups.

There are schedules on their combining MOH1 with SL1.

Here is one: http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kLHZTaF08EFs0PMaR6tKxOA6JFVu51rNZVb0z2ZG_xt7Qwh33Fj8Z2AVs9cGQ3QpULTk980e43cVD6H1P4dNLcqs1oWPWBl4Xf9rsuP3s-A/Using%20MoH%20vol.%202%20with%20..../Schecule%20of%20MOH1%20and%202%20with%20SL1%20%20and%202.pdf

Not sure if it will open. That is from

Heather: siloam

Thanks! I know Heather sent me her MOH/TOG schedule, so I'll look at this! I am on the MOH groups, but didn't know this was there...bad on me!

Heather is so great :). This is a great chart! The weeks are different for 1+2 of course, but I can just line up the CHOW chapters :).

Thanks! I know Heather sent me her MOH/TOG schedule, so I'll look at this! I am on the MOH groups, but didn't know this was there...bad on me!

Heather is so great :). This is a great chart! The weeks are different for 1+2 of course, but I can just line up the CHOW chapters :).

I haven't had any luck finding a 1+2 schedule. :(

I always forget to look through my yahoo groups before putting stuff together. :001_huh:

Thanks Merry - I think it will be a blast!

Well, that chart is GREAT AngelBee, thanks for linking it, it will be a HUGE help. I might even be able to throw some MOH 3 in there at the end of 1+2 since MOH 2 only goes up to Gutenberg from the looks of it. I totally forget yahoo groups and I seem to have a hard time using the files there - they always have SO much and it is trickily organized a lot of the time!

For our Canada studies I'm using Donna Ward's Canada, My Country - beefed up with MOST of her book recommendations and a few others :). I've thrown some Canadian lit into the mix, some Canadian poetry (trying to make it a bit more SL ya know?) It is more of a geography course, but I plan to read through The Story of Canada by Isabel Barclay with my children as well (I traded a local hive mom for it, but it is out of print I think?)

Next time through I think we'll use Donna Ward's Courage and Conquest which is more history based, but I wanted to give my children a quick once through for hitting the highlights of Canadian geography/demographics/political structure/famous people etc. :)