Menu

grammar music and art ed.

Has anyone done one year of art, then one year of music, rather than doing both in one year (however you went about it)? Would this make any sense? :confused: I just want to be able to study composers/arts more in-depth, while also learning some related skills (especially with art, obviously), and I know I can't make that happen if I'm doing both at once. I wonder how much dd would forget? I would plan to do one per semester, but most programs are go for a full year. I was thinking of Discoveries in Music, books on different composers, maybe Discoveries in Art, and Drawing with Children. Once I did one year of each, I could always reevaluate, I'm just trying to figure out how to get through those first two years without dd forgetting everything. :001_huh:

:bigear:

My state requires both art and music- so I'm assuming I'll have to at least minimally teach both each year.

I'm planning on doing music, art, music appreciation, and art appreciation each one day a week. (Uhm- music and art appreciation may just end up being 10-15 minutes of looking at/listening to a piece, but hey. At least it'll be exposure to some of the "classic" works! :lol:)

It was either this, or every other week, but it makes it easier for me to plan things if they happen at least once a week since I made a weekly master list. I couldn't figure out how to indicate things that only happened every other week. :tongue_smilie: