Menu

Bookmarks?

Buy bookmarks?! Who would do that? I just use any random scrap of paper I can find! lol

When we give books as gifts we include bookmarks that the kids made. I cut watercolor paper to size and let them have at it with the watercolor paints. They have come up with some truly beautiful creations and recipients always adore receiving them.

You can usually buy them where you purchase books. At our local Borders, they are near the registers.

My kids often make bookmarks. When they were in ps, they made them as teacher gifts. We'd put a photo of child with their teacher from beginning of the year and from end of the year. Color/decorate and laminate. Hole punch the top & tie ribbons.

I'm also the scrap-of-paper-bookmark type. But dd likes making bookmarks. We cut construction paper into a bookmark-sized frame and put it on a piece of clear Contac paper (plastic?). Then she adds glitter and sequins to the open, sticky part. Cover with another sheet of Contac, trim, punch hole, add ribbon.