Menu

Amazingly simple Pelikan junior ink pen questions

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Pelikano-Junior-Fountain-Pen-P67/dp/tech-data/B000FKNP5W/ref=de_a_smtd

When I opened it up, the ink refill was not "started". It came out with the flat white end towards the point, and the tapered to a little ring up end up near the cap. I have tried it both ways and has PUSHED as hard as I dared. It seems like the littler, disc end would be what you'd jab on, but I can't get either to go.

If someone would tell me which end, I will cover with a tissue and get brutal.

NO instructions came in the little box, except how to put a label on it to personalize it.

Thanks.

When the pen arrives, there's generally a cardboard ring I think around the pen that prevents it from closing all the way and puncturing the ink cartridge.

Check if there's anything removable around the pen.

For the cartridge, the smaller part of the cartridge is what is punctured by the pen. You should be able to attach it even without closing the pen.

There may be a piece of cardboard around the pen where it screws together that was there for shipping.

And then our pens take a while to get the ink to start flowing. Mine sometimes leaks a little :glare: but I still enjoy using the pen.

Okay: remove ink carriage, turn it around, replace in barrel and use the CAP to evenly push from the far end. Goes on like a dream.

Nice pen. I intend to park kiddo OUTSIDE to practice with it.

I love happy endings. I feel like the chimp in the documentary who was given some human tools and had to work out what to do to get the treat. :D

The cartridge shouldn't bend.

I bought my pens from JetPens. Here's the link to the Pelikan Jr.

I believe when our pens shipped, there was a cardboard cartridge preventing the pen from closing.

They've got a forum too. I'm sure you can get an answer there.

Sorry & good luck!