Menu

My afterschooling plans

Ok well I am going to work on some afterschooling plans....

My 16yrs old....well he won;t learn from me anymore

My 14yrs old-same with the 16 yrs old

My 13 yrs old-same with the 16 yrs old

HOWEVER they may join us if they see the other kids (two 9yrs old, 7yrs old and 1yrs old) having fun.

Anyways, I have decided on lapbooking as our afterschooling plans...I will use Hands of A Child.

Every month, each kid get to work on their lapbook of their choice.

For my 7yrs old who is struggling in school still I will do Phonics Pathways and First Language Lesson. I would like to do Writing with Ease with her as well. What would be a good math program that goes slow to work on during the summer? Math Mammoth or McGuffey-has anyone used McGuffey as an afterschooling resource. I am wondering if I should do the first grade level since she struggled with the year or what?

I use McGuffey (3rd ecl. reader) for spelling, vocab and oral reading.

My ds is a natural speller & disliked the Spelling Workout books. I had to give it up once we got to the middle of book B because he kept complaining.

Since I had the McGuffey book already, I decided to use it for spelling as well. The words are a little bit challenging for him but he doesn't mind and actually seems to enjoy the challenge.

I've never used the first ecl. reader for McGuffey so I can't comment on that.