Menu

Our 11th grade plans

Okay, trying to get things organized for next year for my to be 11th grade son. Pardon me while I talk out loud here.

He wants to take precalc. He is sloowww if he doesn't have some kind of outside force making him do his work in a timely fashion. I'm thinking of enrolling him in the distance learning precalc class at derekowens.com It looks good to me.

He really needs to take an English/Comp course because he doesn't like writing at all and he balks if I try to teach him. Sooooo, I think I'm enrolling him in a homeschool class which alas is about 40 minutes away from our house. But it looks like a solid English III course with some classic lit, lots of focus on writing and grammar.

He'll continue with the same Latin teacher that we currently are studying with (I take the class too).

He'll take Chemistry w/ a lab with the same science teacher he's taking Bio with this year.

He didn't want to do history. He really wants to do Psychology so we've decided on Sonlight's Psychology program which supposedly prepares one for the AP exam.

So - I think that covers it: Precalc, English, Latin, Chemistry, Psych. He'll also be getting his driver's license, and he'll need to take a SAT prep course. He'll do tennis in the fall and spring with our homeschool group and he's also involved in 4H.

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it!

Looks like it will be a busy year for both of you.

I just noticed that your Ds is attending Berklee this fall? My Dd wants to attend Berklee but I don't know for sure how we will make that happen.

Dd is on track to graduate end of 11th grade and the plan is for her to get her associates degree before going to Berklee. But Dd wants to go to Berklee from the start. I don't know how we will do this...