Menu

Can teaching textbooks be used successfully without the CD's?

Maybe I misunderstood you question. Are you asking if TT can be used with ONLY the CDs? If so, Yes! My dd is currently working through TT4. She has never seen the workbook. She just uses a spiral notebook to write out any problems that she needs to.

Yes, I'm asking if TT can be used with only the CD's. Is there a lot of writing involved?

Yes it can be used with only the CD's and some notebook and/or scrap paper if that is how you want to do it.

I just use the book for 1) reading the brief written lesson after watching the CD lecture to further cement it in our minds; 2) easily being able to flip back a couple of pages if you want to remind yourself of something covered in a previous lesson without having to leave the CD lesson you're on to try to find it in another CD lesson.

We don't write in the book because I want to be able to have the option of reusing for my younger child and/or eventually reselling.

We write the problems on notebook paper and/or use scrap paper in some instances.