Menu

Language Arts Question

Embassy

I am considering using these for my son next school year. Some of them we are already using and will continue using.

Grammar and Handwriting: Finish CLE 4 and continue with CLE 5 for grammar and handwriting only

Spelling: Rod and Staff Spelling 5

Vocabulary: Excavating English and Caesar's English

Writing: Jump In, Killgallon Sentence Combining for Elementary School, and Killgallon Story Grammar for Elementary School

Literature: Figuratively Speaking and read alouds of classic books with discussion

Reading: Selection of classic books

Anything here overkill? Am I missing something? I'm not concerned with finishing everything on this list in one school year.

Edited by Wehomeschool

Well, I would say at first glance it seems like overkill... but on closer inspection I think it is fine.

A few of your choices are easy to spread out, to treat almost as unit studies, and just generally use as needed.

You have spelling, grammar, handwriting, vocab, lit. and lit. analysis, and writing and copywork. I think you're good. :D You might feel the need to supplement or change things at some point, but I can see it as finding a peice to fit into your puzzle- not a whole new puzzle.

I like it... and I personally like quite a few of your choices anyway.

Well, I would say at first glance it seems like overkill... but on closer inspection I think it is fine.

A few of your choices are easy to spread out, to treat almost as unit studies, and just generally use as needed.

You have spelling, grammar, handwriting, vocab, lit. and lit. analysis, and writing and copywork. I think you're good. :D You might feel the need to supplement or change things at some point, but I can see it as finding a peice to fit into your puzzle- not a whole new puzzle.

I like it... and I personally like quite a few of your choices anyway.

Thanks for your perspective:001_smile: