Menu

Is MM the right thing for us?

Emagine

Loaded question I know but before I ordered it today I wanted to see some 'out of the box' thoughts.

DS 8 is doing TT3. While I LOVE it I am finding out there is just some things he needs a good review on. I have also found out on a recent just see what he knows test of sorts that somethings he should know by now he does not. Not a lot, just some.

We have been using Time4Learning and honestly I feel quite failed. For example this 2nd grade knowledge test touched on things he was not taught.

We hs year round so that is already in my favor. I am thinking about stopping right where we are in TT3 for the timeframe and go back to second grade math and do what needs reviewing and things he has not had a chance to dive into yet.

Would MM be a good source for this? I am thinking about ordering the 1-3 package because my youngest is itching to finish k-5 Lifepac and move forward. He loves numbers and really ahead. I would have G1 for him and the others there for both.

Your thoughts wold be greatly appreciated. As much as my kids like T4L I am not too sold on going forward with it.

Thank you so much.

Have you tried out the sample pages? I'd start there and see if you think it will work for your kids. :)

It's a great program, and it's easy to accelerate if you're trying to fill in gaps. For example, if you want to work on double digit addition, but your child has a good grasp of clocks, you can skip the clock chapter and just do the double digit addition chapter. Very easy to pick and choose what your child needs.

Good luck!

I recently went back to Math Mammoth level 1 (LightBlue) with my 10yo because she needed to review some things. She has used a lot of programs. TT5 was the last one. She worked through levels 1-3 of MM in the past six months. Her understanding is so much better now.

So, yes, Math Mammoth is an excellent tool for remediating and accelerating. :)