Menu

Most dangerous homeschool catalogs?

scrapbabe

With words like swooning, in love, and tempting this sounds like curriculum adultery and we need to all re-read laughing lionness' thread on conquering curriculum addiction. :lol: What in us makes us do this to ourselves? Always craving the new and different even though we may be satisfied with what we have?

Me included! I don't receive a lot of the catalogs but I go to every publisher's website I can think of to look at their samples and titles. MFW, Notgrass, BJU, IEW Beautiful Feet.....looking and looking trying to see if I can squeeze in anything else on the schedule.

- Memoria Press: I LOVE getting this one in the mail, when a new one comes, my family knows I'm lost to them until I've read all the new articles.

Have y'all seen the latest Memoria Press catalog? It has the BEST articles yet. There is one that makes the argument that the two SKILLS that best develop the mind are Latin and Math, answering an argument that any ol' language would do. It has another article that amplifies the logical dilemma, as in: when you understand the dilemma, you really have a good understanding of formal logic. And last and certainly best is the abridged article reprint by Louise Cowan on the necessity of the Classics. This one made me cry with its insights on the idea of a hero and how much we have lost that as a formative idea in our culture!

Yep, that catalog is becoming one of my top two favorites.

Guest RecumbentHeart

- Memoria Press: I LOVE getting this one in the mail, when a new one comes, my family knows I'm lost to them until I've read all the new articles.

Have y'all seen the latest Memoria Press catalog? It has the BEST articles yet. There is one that makes the argument that the two SKILLS that best develop the mind are Latin and Math, answering an argument that any ol' language would do. It has another article that amplifies the logical dilemma, as in: when you understand the dilemma, you really have a good understanding of formal logic. And last and certainly best is the abridged article reprint by Louise Cowan on the necessity of the Classics. This one made me cry with its insights on the idea of a hero and how much we have lost that as a formative idea in our culture!

Yep, that catalog is becoming one of my top two favorites.

Ack, I must have been interrupted because I didn't read the Classics article. Thanks for mentioning it.